Frequently Asked Questions
See some inspiration below of the top 10 brands that people love to buy:
The Vampire’s Wife
Rat & Boa
You can upload any item to StyleSwap that fits our criteria below:
The retail value of the item is above £150 and below £2,500 and is less than 2 years old.
StyleSwap reserves the right to edit part-completed listings or remove listings that do not adhere to the criteria above.
When listing an item we recommend following the below pricing suggestions for the optimal resale price for your items. We have worked hard to come up with the price points at which we know items sell best.
- Brand new (with tags): 70% of the original retail price
- Brand new (without tags): 60% of the original retail price
- Excellent condition (lightly used): 50% of the original retail price
- Good condition (moderately used): 40% of the original retail price
- Fair condition (frequently used): 30% of the original retail price
As a seller, you are able to set your own prices away from this guide, and we encourage looking at similar listings elsewhere and matching the price of these where possible. You may wish to drop the price to make more sales, or to push it higher if you feel your piece is in high demand! Ultimately, you have control!
Top Tip: Set your prices slightly lower than similar listings to attract more sales.
If you are seeking a refund because you’ve changed your mind, this will have to be arranged and agreed between you and the seller. Private sellers are not required by law to offer returns and refunds. Always contact the seller before you buy to check what their individual return and refund policy is.
If the seller cannot offer a return, you can resell the item on StyleSwap with 0% commission. Contact us so we can take the commission off your piece.
I haven’t received my item
StyleSwap encourages all sellers to send items via next day, tracked delivery so that they are protected in the best way possible. However, if an item doesn’t turn up, you can start a dispute in the PayPal resolution centre to be refunded if the seller cannot show proof of postage. You can do this up to 180 days after the purchase.
Log in to your PayPal account > Open a dispute in the Resolution Centre within 180 calendar days of your purchase > Click “Dispute a Transaction.” > Select item for dispute.
My item is not as described
If your item has arrived and does not match the description in the listing (e.g damage not described or the sizing has been incorrectly described) you can file a dispute on PayPal by following the steps below:
Log in to your PayPal account > Open a dispute in the Resolution Center within 180 calendar days of your purchase > Click “Dispute a Transaction.” > Select item for dispute > Upload proof of the issue with the item > Submit to PayPal for review
- If PayPal close a claim in your favour they will ask you to return the item to the seller using tracked mail (they will provide you with the seller’s address)
- PayPal will hold the payment until the seller receives the item
- Once the seller receives the item, the full amount you paid will be transferred back into your PayPal account
I changed my mind about my purchase
Private sellers are not required by law to offer returns and refunds. Contact StyleSwap at [email protected] to explain the situation and we will ask them to consider a refund. If the seller cannot offer a return, consider reselling the item.
The seller has agreed to give me a refund
- If a return is agreed because you changed your mind about your purchase, make sure you post your item using only tracked Royal Mail (next day, special delivery)
- Get in contact with us at [email protected] if you have returned your item but have not received a refund
- Please keep proof of shipping for the return